When homeowners are making a decision on their new roof material, metal shingles are certainly an option. Choosing the right material is imperative for ensuring the roof will be protective and will add value to the home. With this information, homeowners will learn more about the benefits of a metal roof, so they will be able to make the right decision for their home.
What Are the Benefits of Metal Roofs?
Having a metal roof installed offers many benefits to a homeowner. Metal is one of the strongest roof materials a homeowner can choose. With this roof in place, homeowners can rest assured their home will be protected for many years to come.
- With proper maintenance, a metal roof can last fifty years or more. Shingled roofs last an average of twenty-five years and are more easily damaged than metal materials, which are more durable.
- A metal roof is less likely to become damaged during storms and high winds than other types of materials. A metal roof can stand up to a great deal of abuse without beginning to break down.
- In some states, metal roofs can lower a homeowner’s insurance by as much as 35% because insurance companies see this type of roofing as being much more protective, so the risks of damage are greatly reduced.
- Metal roofs increase the resale value of homes and allow homeowners to recoup much of their costs. Today, more and more buyers are looking for homes with metal roofs.
- Metal roofs do not require near the amount of maintenance as other types of roofing materials. Minor maintenance involves keeping the roof clean and touching up the paint every few years.
- Metal roofs may be more expensive than asphalt shingles, but they are cost-effective when homeowners consider this may be the only roof they